You do not need a License if you are:
• Any child under 16 years of age.
• Any resident fishing for recreational purposes only, within her or his county of residence with live or natural bait, using poles or lines not equipped with a fishing line tetrieval mechanism.
• Any resident who is a member of the United States Armed Forces and not stationed in this state, when home on leave for 30 days or less, upon submission of orders.
• Any person fishing who has been accepted as a client for developmental disabilities services by the Children and Family Services, provided the department furnishes proof thereof.
• Any resident fishing in saltwater from land or from a structure fixed to the land.
• Any person fishing from a for-hire vessel (guide, charter, party boat) that has a valid vessel license or charter captain license.
• Any person fishing from a vessel, the operator of which has a valid vessel license issued in the name of the operator of the vessel.
• Any person who holds a valid saltwater products license (SPL).
• Any person fishing for recreational purposes from a pier that has been issued a valid pier saltwater fishing license.
• Any resident fishing for a saltwater species in fresh water from land or from a structure fixed to land.
• Any resident fishing for mullet in fresh water who has a valid Florida freshwater fishing license.
• Any resident 65 years of age or older who has in her or his possession proof of age and residency. A no-cost license under this paragraph may be obtained from any tax collector's office upon proof of age and residency and must be in the possession of the resident during hunting, freshwater fishing, and saltwater fishing activities.
• Any employee of the commission who takes freshwater fish, saltwater fish, or game as part of employment with the commission, or any other person authorized by commission permit to take freshwater fish, saltwater fish, or game for scientific or educational purposes.
Disability Exemption Update – Please follow this link.
- - - - - -
Other Saltwater Fishing Fees:
Vessel License are required for all vessels that charge a fee (for hire vessels) to take passengers out to catch marine fish.
Please see this link for more information: